Memorial Day becomes a busy week in Moab – camping is particularly sought after to take advantage of the climate before the desert heat sets in. Coming last minute?, best to see if you can get accommodations first. A list is provided here.
Keep in mind everyone on vacation gets up, has breakfast and goes to Arches National Park…at the same time. Break out of this routine and go earlier or later than 10 AM – 2 PM. Use the Webcam to determine how many are lined up to enter the park. Where can you go as an alternative? Suggestions are provided here.
- firstname.lastname@example.org now has May 25, May 29, may 30, May 31 available.
- email@example.com 1 bedroom condo sleeps 4 available May 23, 24, 25, 26.
- firstname.lastname@example.org has Lux tent with a queen bed and linen for camping except for May 20, May 28 and May 29 which are full nights.
- email@example.com has a condo available.
- firstname.lastname@example.org has nothing May 23-26; has a 2 bedroom apartment May 27-30 and double queen May 30 – June 2.
- Britnie@moabbighorn.com has availability May 23-24 and 30, May 25-29 Sold out.
- email@example.com may 23-27 two 3-bedroom condos available. May 27-28 one 3-bedroom condo available or stay to May 29 but have to leave at 8 AM May 29th.
- Qualitysuitesmoab_ivy@hotmail.com has rooms May 23-26 ($179); May 27-29 ($209); May 30 – June ($179).
- firstname.lastname@example.org has a 3 bedroom condo in Rim Vista available May 23-26 and May 30- June2.
- email@example.com has a B&B spot May 23 – 26; then again May 29 -31.
- May 13- June 3 http://www.losvados.com/ is available.
- firstname.lastname@example.org has availability at Tangren House Luxury Inn. Children have to be 14+ years old.
- Moabtownhouse@gmail.com has May 23 and 24 availability and May 30 – June 2 availability.
- email@example.com has rooms May 23 – 26 ($169); may 27-29 ($199); May 30 – June 2 ($169).
- Moabdave1@yahoo.com has availability for all of those dates.
- firstname.lastname@example.org has a condo available May 23-26.
- email@example.com has Moosewood (Sleeps 6) for May 24 & 25 check out 26. Bogie’s Bungalow (sleeps 2) available June 1 check out June 2. French Quarter (sleeps 6) available June 2 check out June 3.
- firstname.lastname@example.org reports Rim Village (VRBO#315569), a family friendly condo is available nights of May 25 and May 26.
- email@example.com has a two bedroom suite available May 24, 25, and 26. Sleeps 5 ($230) or 2 ($145).
Thompson Springs reports vacancy for the following dates:
Arches National Park alternatives:
Drive the scenic road Hwy 279 to stop to see and enormous panel of Rock Art, farther along are hikes too. At Poison Spider trail head, hike to Longbow Arch, the dinosaur track and a rock art panel. Past this location is the Corona Arch trail head. Several yards farther a trail starts through a huge culvert under the railroad track, affectionately called Culvert Canyon. Find passage past the pool on the right of the canyon. Still farther Jug Handle Arch can be admired from the roadside. If you have lunch along, continue to the end of the pavement to the Potash Boat Ramp where there are picnic tables and pit toilets.
If you can drive on dirt roads there are many dinosaur tracks to be seen around Moab. If you must stay on pavement, head out to the Bull Canyon tracks in the La Sal Mountains then enjoy the La Sal Mountain Loop Road as well.
Enjoy the Rock Art panels that abound around Moab. Some are on the way to other attractions, other panels are nice places to do after dinner before bedtime when you don’t want to be in a hotel room.
Also, plan a trip with a local tour company, to get on the Colorado River, dangle on a rope canyoneering or ziplining, roll along a backcountry trail by 4 wheel drive, horseback, dirt bike motorcycle, or mountain bike.